Further explanations may be provided for specific pages or features of our/this website in order to help you understand how we, our/this website and its third parties (if any) interact with you and your computer/device in order to serve it to you.
Our contact information is provided at the end of this policy.
This/our website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information in several ways including :
- You visit our website and fill out and enquiry form
- Via Telephone, email or via other electronic communication
- You contact us via our social media pages
- You contact us via other web page, social media service providers we are advertised on
- Request a quote personally
- Complete a contractual hire booking form for our services
- Via a third party you visit and give your details and authorisation for them to share. EG: Wedding fayres, wedding exhibitions, Hotels, Wedding Venues, Children Play centres, Schools, recommendations etc.
With any or all of these contacts you may be asked for appropriate information about yourself and any third party you wish to include in the hire which we may record the details to enable us to carry out our potential services. This information may include names, addresses, dates of specific events, phone numbers and email addresses.
Should a hire be processed we may gain banking/billing information to receive funds from you for our services via your payment card details or banking transfer details where applicable.
How we use personal information
- To administer and manage our relationship with you to provides goods and services to process your requests for vehicle hire which could include taking payment through our bank and / or credit card payment provider.
- To provide added services or gain customer satisfaction information to the benefit of the hirer and American Car Weddings Limited after the hired event.
- Delivering marketing and events communication
- Carrying out polls and surveys
- Internal research and development purposes
- To meet internal audit requirements
- To comply with licensing, insurance rules and regulations.
- For the purposes of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment or damage to our property.
- We may transfer your personal information if we’re under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, to detect or report a crime, to enforce or apply the terms of our contracts or to protect the rights, property or safety of our visitors and customers. We will always take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We process your data within the interest of the below.
- legitimate interests
- vital interests
- public task
- legal obligation
Sharing personal information
We do not share, sell, trade or rent personal information to third parties without your consent.
How we secure and protect personal data
We take appropriate action on data collection, processing, storage and security :
- to protect data against accidental loss
- to prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
- to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- to restrict access to personal information
- to conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law and our business policies
- to train staff and contractors on data security
- to manage third party risks, through use of contracts and security reviews
How long do we keep your personal data for?
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us. The only exceptions to this are where :
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- or in limited cases, the law permits us to keep your personal information indefinitely provided we put certain protections in place.
Third Party Websites
Information on Children
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child has provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us and we will do our best to promptly remove any such information.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by American Car Weddings Limited or any third parties you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and American Car weddings Limited.
The details for each of these contacts are :
Data Protection Officer - American Car Weddings Limited, Edge Hill, Tavern Y Coed, Pontypridd CF38 1LH or The Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ Phone: 0303 123 1113
We may update this policy from time to time and users should check for updates to stay informed about how we are protecting your personal information.
Your rights as a data subject under GDPR.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights and should contact us directly in the 1st instance via email to : email@example.com
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that American Car Weddings Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below under “complaints”.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
Security and performance.
Our website has an SSL certificate and uses HTTPS. This guarantees that visitors are talking to the server they expect, and that nobody else can intercept or change the content they are seeing in transit. The server the website is hosted on, uses the latest operating systems and is fully updated. It has a firewall and malware scanning software. The latest security patches are updated and installed on a regular basis. Backups of the website are taken automatically and scanned for any vulnerabilities.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your person information you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Edge Hill, Tavern-Y-Coed, Pontypridd, CF38 1LH.
Updated and Published April 2021